5 good reasons to use TopsWorks
Complete integration in SOLIDWORKS
Direct access to the TruTops databases
Technology data integrated in the design process
Export and import of GEO-files
3D Geometry synchronized with manufactured part
TopsWorks - Efficiency Tool for the Entire Process Chain of Sheet Metal
TopsWorks is a direct interface between SolidWorks and TruTops programming systems, thus eliminating the gap between design and sheet metal manufacturing.
The product is developed in close cooperation with the company TRUMPF, one of the leading machine tool manufacturer for sheet metal fabrication, and is used by TRUMPF in their own design.
Benefits at a glance:
- With TopsWorks you can achieve a high processing quality with the possibility to analyze, process and correct a 3D construction on behalf of parameters like e.g. material, thickness, processing tools etc.
- TopsWorks makes the access to empirical data of the TruTops database more flexible, data that is then available to all the processing team.
- TopsWorks reduces deficient products in production by taking into consideration a “virtual prototype” using all machine-relevant information.
- React faster and more efficient to customer requests by using the direct transfer of data in form of machine readable GEO-format, without the intermediate steps of unfolding, drawing derivation and DXF-export.
- API interface for automation of recurring processes, which offers you better integration possibilities for the product development process.
- Moreover, the production documentation within the drawing derivation used for the planning of the process steps provides a high level processing reliability.
TopsWorks and SOLIDWORKS
TopsWorks coordinates 3D design and production in the sheet metal process chain. Fully integrated into SOLIDWORKS and perfectly aligned with the TruTops System of Trumpf, TopsWorks offers an ideal tool to produce sheet metal parts of high quality with perfect measures in a cost and time efficient way and almost no rejects.
The basis of the comprehensive approach to TopsWorks solutions lies in the complete integration into SOLIDWORKS. That means that the user is able to work with TopsWorks in his familiar working environment. On top of everything the handling of TopsWorks is easy to become accustomed to, so that after only a short period of vocational adjustment the full power spectrum of TopsWorks is understood and can be used for the process of manufacturing sheet metal parts.
The system SOLIDWORKS / TopsWorks compares the engineering data of a sheet metal part immediately to all relevant production data, so that a synchronization of the geometry of the SolidWorks sheet metal model and the produced sheet metal takes place.
TopsWorks and TruTops
TopsWorks was developed for the user, who designs his own sheet metal parts in SOLIDWORKS and then produces on TRUMPF machines. The “visual prototype“, generated with TopsWorks-data, that considers all equipment relevant information, characterizes TopsWorks as the system that provides verifiable facts for the production of sheet metal parts.
Since TopsWorks directly accesses the database of the TruTops production system TruTops Punch and TruTops Bend, engineering and production use a uniform data base. All production-relevant data is already considered in the first steps of engineering. That means fewer rejects and fewer samples, but also shorter cycle times, higher flexibility and paperless data transfer.
Your added value with
Learn how to implement TopsWorks through our web training. This training is online and dont take up much of your time, you dont even have to leave your desk. The number of training participants is not limited.
Do you have a question or would you like to get to know TopsWorks? Feel free to contact us!